Leah Das is a London-based designer and writer who works between cloth and communication.
Weaving between words, images and materials, Leah’s practice revolves around finding simpler forms for complex ideas. Her work engages with the wider roles of design and uses its proximity to everyday life to imagine different ways of living, being and doing. Her past projects have ranged from exploring body politics and technology to deep diving into industry issues, ecological alternatives & social responsibility.
Leah earned first-class honours in Fashion Design from UWE Bristol in 2013 and subsequently attained distinction in MA Fashion Futures at London College of Fashion in 2017. She has worked with a range of clients on visual and written communication projects, produced varied design & artistic outputs, and has been a visiting tutor at the University of the Arts London.
Leah currently works part-time as an art & textiles technician and balances passion projects with client and commissioned work alongside.
You can contact her about projects & commissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or find her online @leahdas on:
Past clients range from charities and civic services such as Birmingham City Council, Oxfordshire NHS Trust and HCV Resource Network, to start-ups, independent designers and artist-led projects like the Loft Bham, Meame and Rize.
Research & Writing
- 2015 / Research Project / Group research project with Centre for Sustainable Fashion for Being Human Festival
- 2014 / Publication / “Zeroes & Ones” – Contributing author for social media & body image paper – Bentham Science Journal
Talks & Workshops
- 2019 / Workshop / Intro to Garment Making – Fashion in Movement short course – Central St. Martins, London
- 2018 / Workshop / Communicating Ethics – Garment tech & ethics study abroad course – London College of Fashion, London
- 2014 / Artist Talk / Fashion & Textiles community day – Friction Arts, Birmingham
Exhibitions & Residencies
- 2019 / Exhibition / Sheroes–Revoluciones, group show – Lon-Art – Ugly Duck, London
- 2016 / Exhibition / Fashion Futures work-in-progress, group show– Machines Room, London
- 2015 / Residency / ‘Sømløse‘ project at international Design Camp with ‘Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship’ theme – DesignSkolen Kolding, Denmark
- 2014 / Exhibition / We Are the Loft Birmingham, group show – The Loft Bham, Birmingham
- 2014 / Exhibition / No Boundary Between, duo show – The Loft Bham, Birmingham
- 2013 / Exhibition / Group show – New Designers, London