Hi, I’m Leah.
I’m a writer, designer and textile artist based in London, UK.
My work focuses on making complex ideas into simple things you can read, see and feel.
Writing and design
I work in the nebulous world of content creation. My skill lies in marrying voice with visuals to communicate ideas in clear yet creative ways.
I started writing online at 15, and kept writing through design school. Since then, I’ve gone on to work with some wonderful people in the charity, public and creative sectors. I’ve helped them tell their story, convey information, and find interesting ways to connect with their audiences. Find examples nested in Projects.
Art and textiles
Alongside, I make textile-based works to examine our relationship with the material world. My work here explores the things that shape our everyday – be that design objects or social norms – and how they affect who we are and the world we live in.
I hold a BA (hons) in Fashion Design from UWE Bristol and MA in Fashion Futures from London College of Fashion. My interests in this realm are sustainability, craft, creativity and expression. I favour natural or reclaimed materials, embroidery, fabric manipulation, and slow methods of making.
- Charity + civic / Birmingham City Council, Horton General Hospital, HCV Resource Network, You Make It
- Creative / The Loft Bham, Meame, Vero Ceramics, Rize, Outsider Fashion
Exhibitions and residencies
- 2019 / Exhibition / Sheroes–Revoluciones, group show– Lon-Art at Ugly Duck, London
- 2016 / Exhibition / Fashion Futures work-in-progress, group show – Machines Room, London
- 2015 / Residency / Design Camp – DesignSkolen Kolding, Denmark
- 2014 / Exhibition / We Are the Loft Birmingham, group show – The Loft Bham, Birmingham
- 2014 / Exhibition / No Boundary Between, duo show – The Loft Bham, Birmingham
Talks and workshops
- 2019 / Workshop / Intro to Garment Making, Fashion in movement short course – Central St. Martins, London
- 2018 / Workshop / Communicating Ethics, Garment tech & ethics study abroad course – London College of Fashion, London
- 2014 / Talk / Fashion & Textiles community day – Friction Arts, Birmingham